In 1918, part of the Boxted Lodge farming estate, owned by Mr William Fisher Hobbs, was donated to the village for the use of both the Cricket and Football Clubs.
Although the football club's intention was to be Boxted Lodge FC, an error was made in the registration process which added the letter 'R' to the 'Lodge', therefore giving the name 'Lodger' to our Club. In 1938 the our club transferred to a newly laid sports field, donated to Boxted Parish Council, in Cage Lane.
Our stay at Cage Lane was short-lived due to the Second World War when the field was ploughed up to assist the war effort and was not re-established as a sports venue until 1945.
We are now an FA Charter Standard Club, and during the 2017-18 season we are running two men's teams, two Under-15 boys teams, and an Under-10s development team.